Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Beowulf

The tale of Beowulf has been told in so many ways much like Homer’s Iliad… … and so far I have seen three…

The first one I watched was a C grade Christopher Lambert movie called Beowulf. It was so cheesy and bad with its cheesy graphics and even cheesier soundtrack…… … and like cheese it was full of plot holes…… the only thing good about this movie was the introduction of Rhona Mitra…….. even with Rhona’s ‘offerings’ and Christopher Lambert’s silver hair… I give it a 2/10…and with that im being generous …..what’s with the science fiction twists lah? Sheeshkebabs!



Beowulf & Grendel caught me by surprise… I didn’t know much about it until I wanted to know more about Gerard Butler after his performance in the movie 300…… it was noted that he did well in this movie too… so I went and got it. Beowulf & Grendel was filmed very well and although it’s a myth and was made famous in a poem, it was however portrayed very realistically. Somehow the grammar in that sentence doesn’t feel right….. anyway I would recommend this movie with a 7/10…. But mind you it can get a little dull but intriguing nonetheless.

Now we come to the latest installment of the famous poem of this infamous Norse warrior. First things first…. 3D animation has come really far… it was just stunningly superb. Its really hard to see the difference between animation and reality especially the skin tone and body motion…. But I think the animation of ‘hair’ still needs some work…
The movie captures you from the get go and it’s a wild ride from there on after but they did change the story a little bit… I call this Hollywootism. First, Beowulf does kill Grendel’s Mother but it was rumored that Grendel had an offspring. Secondly he does not inherit a Kingdom. The Movie Beowulf & Grendel followed the story more faithfully but the 3D motion capture Beowulf was more entertaining. So it gets 8/10.




MO.....

3 comments:

Ninja said...

I watched the recent 3D version and like you found it visually stunning!

I actually didn't want to watch it cos of the Jolie bitch but i'm glad i went....really good!

Pixelated Mo said...

i still havent watched golden compass...hmmmm... with christmas so close i dont know if i have time

Ninja said...

Just watched it last nigth dude.....GO WATCH!!!!!