Friday, June 15, 2007

Grasshopper 3 : Rise of the Insects

Yet more grasshoppers invading my garden.... this time its a different kind of species. It seems to like munching on the leaves of my coin plant.... I guess they are not Indian Grasshoppers then..... hmmm lets see... The Chinese consider the coin plant to be a symbol of prosperity..... I just like the coin shaped leafs..... hmmmm.... so can these be Chinese Grasshoppers then....???
I was going thru some of my old pictures and since we are talking about insects I thought I'd put up the picture below. I have always hated taking pictures of butterflies. They never stand still long enuff for me to take a decent picture of it.... I guess i never had the patients. Then one day last April I went outside my house to wait for the sun to set... with camera ready at hand i waited but to my disappointment the sky just fizzled and died....
Then just as i was heading back into the house I notice these two butterflies just sitting quietly on this flowering plant..... even though light was fading fast... I slowly went closer and toke a few shots about 5 feet away.... .... then I went even closer some more and took more shots.... to my surprise they did not even budge.... so i went closer and closer... until finally after about 30 shots later i was about 6 inches away from these two little butterflies which were a no bigger then a 10 cent coin .......

The shots were really underexposed because the sun had already set and slowly got dark so I had to brighten the photo alittle and incressed the colour and contrast a notch or two... Im sure all of you know by now that these pictures where taken in Marco mode. Make sure you know the minimum and maximum distance your camera can go to take go macro shots...
END

6 comments:

Visithra said...

i like the butterfly shot but i have rotten luck with them ;p n i so dislike grass hoppers which ever race ;p

so have fun oooh but u have really pretty round leaf plants ;p

lived-legna said...

I wonder what the Malay grasshoppers will attack? :-p

Lovely pix of the butterflies... I absolutely love them... And a close second are the ladybugs... We used to have plenty of action in my garden but not anymore, probably because I don't spend as much time there as I used to :-p The one insect I do not miss is the spider. Buggers near my place used to average the size of my hand ok! Ugh...

Mel Nair said...

Mo... get them to breed man... get some chindian grasshoppers to represent!

Pixelated Mo said...

Lived: "We used to have plenty of action in my garden but not anymore"..... ok that just didnt sound right..... sorry...
Bad mo..bad mo


Mel: Chindian grasshoppers!!... hahahaha!!!

lived-legna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lived-legna said...

You're wicked Mo... hahahaha... I'm no insectophile k! :-p