Tuesday, June 05, 2007

New Batteries!!


(that pesky bird at the top right corner is annoying me)

I am trying to regularly go hiking again at Gasing Hill. I have to start recharging my batteries to keep myself at least relatively fit. Every Saturdays at 7.00am, I try and get my lazy ass up to start my hike at 7.30am. Chelva joins me regularly and sometimes one of my bosses follows us too. We hike about 20 to 40 minutes thru the many routes in Gasing Hill. It tends to get a little crowded on the weekends but comfortable enough for a decent hike. Parking can be a pain and the people who live there are either used to the crowd or just plain fed up with the lot of us…

People from all works of life and age converge there. Its quite embarrassing sometimes when a senior citizen passes you on the hike and then continues on thru the other routes while I crawl out to the exit..keke. Those aunties and uncles are pretty fit I tell you. There are also the usual Tai Chi people near the playground and some sort of Dog Loves group who bring their pet dogs along on their hikes… Its cute looking at the canines hike along the trail …. But then we see their owners with ziplock bags picking after their pooches shit!…eeee!

Decided to take my camera along last Saturday, and managed to take some interesting pictures.

(A Sesendul Tree one of the oldest in Gasing Hill; Some of the trails have been washed away by erosion)
This small little waterfall is part of a river... actually more like a stream which runs along Gasing Hill. When taking pictures of flowing water, try slowing down the shutter speed to highlight the movement of the water. ... Idealy set shutter speed to 1 or 2 seconds and aperture to anything smaller or equal to F8. Since my camera's capabilities are limited this was taken at half a second F4.5 Its best to use a tripod but i didnt bring mine so it took like about 10 tries to get a steady shot. I even tried resting the camera on a rock but that didnt work either..... (mental note: bring tripod next time).


(Close up of a ginger plant flower and another one growing between a srub. Again the close up shot would have been better if I had my tripod with me)
(I didn't even notice that criket until I posted it here)
(Evenbetter than Spiderman 3)

Sunday was a drag… just could not get ourselves out of bed… and when we finally got ourselves out of bed we decided to go to IKEA just to look-see-look-see… yeah right… we bought a couple of things but most importantly I bought the light fixture with for some reason I can seen to find anywhere, even at hardware and electronic stores… I can now finally put up that Peter Hoe lamp cover we bought with our wedding gift vouches we got last year.

Changed the Satria’s battery which I bought on Saturday just before it started to rain… heavily I might add… It seemed to have rained the whole weekend which from what I heard caused a number of flash floods around klang valley…

Now if you are ever planning to change your car battery by yourself, always remember to remove the negative cable first then the positive. And when connecting them to the new battery, do the reverse…. positive first then negative. Your alarm might arm itself so make sure to off the alarm before you open your doors. The clock and your radio stations will have to be reset too.
My camera's batteries are behaving themselves after i did an overnight discharge. So i guess i dont have to buy new once... well.... i wait and see..
END

11 comments:

Visithra said...

nice shots - i love the monkeys there but havent gone in a long time

Fiona-Jane Gomez said...

Wah... you actually made Gasing Hill seem beautiful!!!

Pixelated Mo said...

thanks

Vi: the ones with 2 legs or 4 :)

Fi: hmmm... I guess it depends on the angle you look at it..

lived-legna said...

I love the photos of the tree and the spider... You should try and sell your photos Mo...

Pixelated Mo said...

:) thnks Lived.

Visithra said...

the 4 legged ones are cute the 2 legged ones are irritating ;p

dont go there often coz of them ;p

Pixelated Mo said...

hehe... anyway thanks visithra for the complement... especially when it comes from the compact camera MASTER herself.

I love you photos... your composition is superb.

Ninja said...

Aiyo that 1st shot is A-W-E-S-O-M-E la dude!

And i agree about the griatrics being so fit la...you go to the Klang stadium and you can see these uncles and aunties doin 10, 20 rounds!

Pixelated Mo said...

Sab: you really like surise and sunsets dont you... there was a nice sunset yesterday which only lasted 10 minutes.... but i forgot to load the memory card in my camera before leaving the house.... such a bummer..

Dallas Diaries said...

You have a knack for photography mo!

Pixelated Mo said...

Thanks pri