Sunday, June 24, 2007

Shopahunt?!?

First of all I would like to apologize to Sabrina for not informing her that there was a treasure hunt last Saturday the 16th of Jun. In my defense let explain that I only knew about it the day before and also participation was limited to only 50 teams of 2. It was organized by some division of the malaysian tourism board or something like that…. actually I am not really bothered by the details… all I know is that it was not organized well… and in fact it wasn’t even a treasure hunt… it was called a shopahunt… yes… a shopahunt. It was organized to commemorate the start of the MALAYSIAN MEGA SALE!!!!....

Well let me just say that I spent the best of the afternoon running around like I was 21 all over Bukit Bintang. ….It’s midday Saturday… at the start of the MALAYSIAN MEGA SALE… and we’re running around in Low Yat, Sungei Wang, Lot 10 and Berjaya TimesSquare…… going through 60 treasure hunt question puzzlely things…. Oh wait!… there was 60 questions but they were not treasure hunt question puzzlely things…. Dono and I soon realized this wasn’t the normal treasure hunt that we have heard or participated before…. On our first round in Low Yat we had the task of looking for product or shop slogans in the whole mall….. and it was the same for all the other malls that we went to… …. In the end we only managed about 80 something points but the top 20 teams were 90 something points and above…..naturally we were disappointed but more so with the questions.

All we needed to do was be able to spot a product slogan …some were in posters the size of a shopping bag…. A feat only a true shopaholic woman’ who can spot a hot deal in a sales bin from an escalator away… Its no wonder why the top 10 teams were women…….. it was after all a SHOPAHUNT

Have been hooked on the series The West Wing for the past few weeks… I find the drama to be really really compelling and I am flabbergasted by the script. I’m into the second session already…

Meanwhile catching up with movies is getting harder and harder nowadays and it makes it worst when the movies are crap…… The week before last it was Pirates 3… so many unnecessary plots and scenes… uncharacteristic characters… its just so bad I don’t know where to start… even good performance by a talented assemble of actors could not save the black pearl from sinking… and almost 3 hours later we leave the theater… oh wait!... the cineplex, feeling frustrated…. 4/10 for me

This week it was Fantastic Four 2…. First I must say that I liked the first one… I thought it was really enjoyable… and judging it by the thriller I was impressed by The Silver Surfer… but I guess it was not to be… because the movie sucked …big time …and even thought I am a big Jessica Alba fan … and me thinks her great body looked really good in that blue suit……………… ………………………. Sorry, a little distracted there…. Actually she looked horrible in her second outing… stupid hairdo matched with an unflattering hair colour was horrible and what’s with that tan… actually it was the hair colour that caused her to look more tanned then usual and the blue contacts didn’t help either… …errrrr…what were was I writing about? ...oh…right… Fantastic Four 2… well it was bad with a capital Z…. 4/10 for me.

On the DVD front I managed to sample an interesting spy movie called The Good Shepherd. It was surprisingly good but beware, its very slow moving but it builds up very nicely… The only thing I did not like about the movie is Matt Damon …..he was not convincing enough to portray a covert founder of the CIA… very weak… anyway my take …6/10

I finally watched Apocalypto…. It was so well made I was like woah!!! Cool!… but I don’t know what the hype was all about making it in a long lost mayan language… … because I believe the movie’s plot is so downright simple… you could watch it with the volume down and still understand what was going on… Anyway ….. it was a refreshing take on an over used plot… 7/10 for me.

I don’t know if I have said this before but I hate Nicolas Cage full stop….. I hate that he tries so hard to be an action hero star… don’t believe me… just look at his track record as an action star… I rest my case… so guess what I went and did… I went out and bought 3 movies I haven’t watched that has Mr Bone head…. The Wicker Man, The Weather Man and the Lord of War…
So far I watched The Lord of War and I must say its pretty good… but its strives to be a cool movie… and that it is ……. but it just isn’t cool enough. One down two to go… 6/10 for me…
Gonna catch Transformers this week... fingers crossed....
.
END

11 comments:

lived-legna said...

Watched Pirates last night and I didn't think it was half bad... though the 'artsy' scenes didn't quite work, I agree... Maybe its just cos I love Johnny Depp :-)

Fantastic Four was a bit odd for me too... Granted you were only watching 'her', but did you realise the CGI was a bit off? Esp when Mr. Rantastic starts to stretch, it didn't look the least bit realistic...

Pixelated Mo said...

hehe... i did notice that the CGI on mr fantastic was off.... not only that... only his blue suit can stretch like him because it was exposed to the radiation or whatever.... but in this movie his normal cloths also can stretch with him...sudah salah...

Visithra said...

i liked pirates ;p didnt like shrek - not gonna watch f4

oooh shopahunt? ;p lol i was around the area photo hunting ;p - that was fun ;p

Dallas Diaries said...

I WANT TO SHOP!!

Pirates: it was a good movie but people hyped it up too much. Unfortunately.

Oceans: def good movie!

lived-legna said...

Am watching Ocean's 13 tonight. I liked both the earlier ones and I hope this one is good... There was an excellent Brit series in the same vein, Hustle...

Am (finally) watching Shrek this weekend but only because its free... hehehe..

Pixelated Mo said...

Vi: You liked Sivaji better right? Looking forward to your photos. Hey that day it rained so heavy and it was like a weird electrical storm... really weird lighning which looked cool... I must try taking pictures of lighning lah.

Pr: yeah im sure u'd like to shop. Ocean's good ah...hmmm it better be good cos i loved the first and second on.

Lived: How was the Ocean's 13?

lived-legna said...

It was funny and clever Mo... The reason why the 3 Ocean's do so well I guess is because they are not afraid of having a laugh at their own expense... i.e Danny's advice to Rusty at the airport :-)

Fiona-Jane Gomez said...

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

There was a SHOP HUNT and you didn't tell me about it??????!!!!!!!! Moooooooooo!!!!!!!! What kind of blog buddy are you anyway????!!!!!! Don't you know that I'm a major shopaholic????!!!!!!! Don't you know I could have won this hunt????!!!! Don't you know I would have shared the prizes with you if I won????????!!!!!!!!!!

Baaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Minus eleventy hundred points!!!!

Hmmmmphhhhhhhhh!!!

Pixelated Mo said...

hai yo fi...don lah like that... like i said, it was last minute how i am i going to contact you? i wasnt even online at that time and besides the max limit of 50 teams had already been met.. :( sorry lah

Lived: Cant wait to watch Ocean's 13... but for today its Transformers..



Autobots transform and roll out!!

Ninja said...

*Sob*sob* The shopahunt sounded fantastic!! It's ok Mo....know you would have informed me had you found out earlier....

No pictures ah?

Pixelated Mo said...

Pictures in a coming post...

will also be talking about camera white balance ...