Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Indian Minority Report (borrowed from Jeff Ooi)

Now.... looking at the pictures sequence mind you... Is what was reported in the Star accurate... visit for more pictures of the truth..... To the Police i have these questions...... why round them up and corner them into the temple... then shoot tear gas and water canons when they are inside the temple gates.... These guys had nowhere to this how you disperse a crowd...... hmmm what would have happened if the police had shot tear gas and water cannons at people inside the gates of the Masjid Jamek Mosque last november 10th 2007.....i'd really like to know the answer to that one...

...lets read what was reported in Star shall we... (btw this happened hours before the gathering in Jalan Ampang the same day)

Batu Caves temple property damaged, 69 protesters held

KUALA LUMPUR: Demonstrators broke into the Batu Caves temple compound and destroyed temple property early yesterday morning, Inspector General of Police Tan Sri Musa Hassan said.

He said the crowd that had gathered there swelled from a mere 200 people just after midnight to more than 1,000 by about 2am.

“The demonstrators forced open the locked gates and started breaking temple property, prompting the temple committee to lodge a police report,” he said. (They are protesting on the demolistion of a few temples... so they go to batu caves to deface the temple...yeah right!)

Minutes later several trucks of policemen, including those in plainclothes and members of the Light Strike Force unit, arrived at the temple and told the demonstrators to disperse.

However, they refused and instead fled into the temple premises, when police gave them a last warning.

When policemen pursued them, the demonstrators pelted and attacked them with stones and inter-locking bricks, resulting in several policemen being injured.

The demonstrators also threw a Molotov cocktail at a tourist charter bus, setting in on fire. They also shattered the windscreens and windows of several passing cars by throwing stones and bricks at the vehicles. (The road was already blocked... the only vehicles that were damaged were the ones parked at the temple... cant be sure about the tourist bus which was there at 3 in the morning!)

Musa said no tear gas or water cannons were used at the demonstrators during the incident. (Luckily... a picture paints a thousand words)

“By about 4am, 69 people had been arrested,” he added.

As at press time, police were keeping a close watch on the area

i am not saying that i am for the protest and the way of protesting but it is the sense that the people should be given a chance to voice their opinions.... now with all the road blocks the police conducted over the past two weeks, the gathering still happened .... If the police had issued a proper permit and instilled guidlines on the premises of the gathering and what can and can not be done to hold a peaceful gathering to voice their protest sure the police in turn would have had more control over the gathering .... Like i said before.... the police caused more traffic jams for the past two weeks but the protesters only caused a jam for half a day....that also only on a Sunday.... The human rights of these people were clearly violated but nothing is being said or done about that.......... well will the enforcers learn that restrain does not always mean control... ...


sabrina said...

Are u ready to leave the country yet?

Pixelated Mo said...

yes please!!